Hi All,
I have a problem that I can't seem to resolve, my IT team said they can't do anything about it because Jira cloud is out of their hands and Atlassian help desk wasn't able to identify the problem so I'm turning to the community.
Situation: My team, several years ago, had attempted to use Jira as their PM tool. They didn't have the administrative help they needed and eventually gave up on it. Flash forward to now, I recently hired on and having quite a few years of Jira/Atlassian experience, I convinced them to try again. They agreed, so I created a company managed project for my team with a board for each user. I've used this setup for several groups and like how it works. Since 4 of the 10 users on my team already had a license from before, IT only needed to update their license and issue a license to the other 6 who are now on our team.
The problem: All 4 of the users that had previously used Jira, when they go to the dropdown for the boards in our project, the search box below that automatically overlays the dropdown and fills with search terms that are years old and would not have been searched for in Jira. For example, one user gets "iPhone Case" which she searched for in her browser in 2020. This is happening to all 4 of those team members but not the 6 who joined the team and have newly issued licenses.
The attempted fix: Per my IT team and Atlassian support, they have cleared their cache, deleted their search history, cleared cookies etc... for all browsers (which are just Chrome and Edge). No change at all.
Has anyone seen anything like this, have any other ideas we can try? I'm at a loss and it's a pretty substantial problem to have a dropdown with all the boards for navigation if they can't use it.
Thank you,
Rob