Hello, I have a question:
I am testing Jira because my company might want to buy it and I have created a project: "Dev". I can now create all epics and user stories there. I have also created a custom dropdown with "Team" and there are "Team 1" and "Team 2". I used this custom dropdown to create two boards and filter the tickets by team. So I currently have 3 boards in the project:
- general dev board, where all tickets from all teams are displayed
- team 1 board, where only the tickets are filtered/displayed where the tickets also have the entry "Team 1" selected in the dropdown
- team 2 board, where only the tickets are filtered/displayed where the tickets have also selected the entry "Team 2" in the dropdown
So far - so good. But: Each team would like to use different statuses and workflows. For example:
- Team 1 would like to have 5 statuses: New / Ready For Development / In Development / In Review / Done
- Team 2 wants 3 statuses: Bugs / Waiting / Done
How can I ensure that I can have a different layout or different statuses for each team, even though the two team boards are in the same "Dev" project? So far I have only seen that I can set a general layout for the project or add all statuses there. But then team 2, for example, has the status "In Review", although the status should only be used by team 1.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Best regards