Context - JIRA software projects do not have forms available, so I'm using a JIRA Business Project to allow internal teams to submit a form for project requests that then translate into tasks within the business project. My end goal is to then take those form submissions (recognized as tasks) and move them to our day-to-day software project.
Issue - there are several custom fields on the form that do not map to fields on tasks within our software project, nor do we want them to. I need to retain the data from the form without compromising our software project fields.
Proposed solution - I'd like to take all of the custom fields on the business project form and, upon submission, have the OOB task description filled out with the inputs from the custom fields. This would allow me to preserve the information gathered in the form and still move the issue to the software project to work on once we've accepted the request without the need to create a ton of new fields in our software project that don't translate to our dev team.
How do I post multiple custom field values to the standard description without one custom field value overwriting the other? If anyone has any other solutions/workarounds outside of my ask please let me know!