How can I edit the 'Request Update/Termination' button? When I click these two, it's just blank. Also, how can I disable this?
Those buttons are part of your workflow, so to edit those you have to edit the workflow that is associated with the issue that the request is linked to.
It's not on my workflow. Here's the reference of my workflow as you can see there is no "Request Update" and "Request Termination".
Hi @Raymart Cruz
Could be JSM enhancements from an app that are visible on the portal, are you using any apps on your instance?
@Raymart Cruz , @Mikael Sandberg
SAME!I've scoured my workflow associated to the issuetype. Only ONE portal button is defined in the workflow that I created a while back.The "Request Update" & "Request Termination" buttons are not mentioned anywhere in the workflow/properties. No idea where they came from!
I'm puzzled by this as well!
Check your transitions, especially the ones that says All. That indicate that you can move to that status from any other statuses, but what you do not see by just looking at the workflow is if someone renamed that transition. By default it gets the same name as the status, but it can be changed. You can see it if you click on the arrow, or go to to the text version of the workflow.
Here is an example
You would assume that the transition in this case is To Do, but if you click on it you will see the actual name of the transition
Are there marketplace apps installed, as I suspect an app is used to have these buttons on the portal.
oh yes.. I checked every transition one-by-one ('all' included)The ones that have properties I can account for and/or don't have the "title/transition" properties)JSM even has a checkbox "Show transition in the customer portal"... All of which are un-checked (except the original 'cancel' transition that I custom setup a few years ago).
I've even gone as far as exporting the workflow as an xml file and searching for the word 'Termination". It's not present in the workflow xml file.
:-\
Okay, then I would recommending checking what @Marc -Devoteam- said, that it could very well be an app that has added these.
We have 26 marketplace apps installed (we use both JSM and standard jira software on our instance).
Any recommendations on what I might be looking for specifically? (we've not added any apps recently.. so it seem like this will be a one-by-one looking for '?' situation)
Hi @Charles Johnson
If you can list the apps here, we could see which one it could be.
I can't guess an app as there are many on the marketplace that could provide such functions
I had also opened a support ticket with Atlassian.Here was the core of that response:
"I have investigated and I've found out that the buttons Request Update and Request Termination are not from JSM, they really come from the AWS Service Management Connector for JSM. When you install this app, automatically these options start to show up on the portal.
If you do not need to use the AWS Service Management Connector for the JSM app, I suggest you uninstall it, and these options will not appear on the portal anymore.
If this app is in use, I'd suggest you contact the app support to verify if is possible to disable these buttons from the customer portal."
...and AWS Service Management Connector for JSM is an app we have.
SO THAT appears to be the culprit and an avenue for resolution I can explore!
Thanks everyone for the input!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.