Greetings - I am interested to hear if anyone has a means to solve this:
Imagine you have 50 team spaces - the spaces all generally operate in the same manner. Let's say each of those team spaces has a home page where the team can land to find all their useful links - one of which being "our team" which has an associated image the user can select that sends them to the team's unique "our team" page.
From an administrative perspective, let's say you wanted to keep a common image associated with the "our team" link across all spaces - one that you could update periodically by updating in one location rather than updating each site individually.
Next, you would like to associate a unique hyperlink to that scaled image so that when a user selects the image in any space, they are sent to their space's unique "our team" site.
So, one image scaled across the enterprise, unique links wherever the image is used - that is my question.
I have been utilizing excerpts which work well to scale and re-use the image, but I haven't found a way to assign a unique address for the image in the spaces where it is used.
I've been looking for some image map tools that might work, or maybe a "hover" solution where I could dump a unique address.
I am also up to re-think this entirely - the high level ask is to create a similar look and feel across the instance that allows for unique links and is manageable for an admin. I have been down the "wild west" route many times and watched those instances quickly become unmanageable.
Cheers, Johnny