Hello Everyone
I have a series of tasks that I have built an automation for that runs whenever a new epic is created. When an epic is created, a series of children stories and tasks that are the children of the stories created. I want to automatically create pre-determined links that certain tasks are blocked by other tasks, but I am unsure how to do so.
Each issue created has an identifier field that allows me to know which other fields it should be linked with.
the logic I am looking for is as follows
Task1 with field value A
Task 2 with field value B
Automation is run -> look at all children of the epic
If child of the epic has field value A > That issue will be linked to another issue that is the child of the epic with a different bust still specific field value issue with field value B
I think I would be able to do this if I was able to run a double for loop. For loop 1 would loop through all children issues to find issue with Field Value A, for loop 2 would through all children issues until it finds that with Field Value B and links it to the issue with Field Value A. However, I do not believe I can create double for loops in Jira Automation. I am looking for other solutions to this. I am open to creative ideas.
Thank you all in advance