I have created the same custom fields in Board - PTT Delivery RAID - JIRA (atlassian.net) and here Board - PTT Enabling Projects - RAIDD - JIRA (atlassian.net) I then created an issue (Risk) and attempted to the Move that issue from one project to the other. No matter how I move it overwrites the information and it wipes the data from the issue.
I understand the custom fields need to map across but I believe I have set them up the same for this to occur but its not working.
Any suggestions on how I can get this to work?
Hi @Jane McPherson
Can you please confirm if the projects you created are Team Managed or Company Managed?
Hello, Good day. Both these projects are company managed projects or these projects are mix of Team managed and company managed project ?
Hi Jane - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
It sounds like you are going from a Team-managed project to another Team-managed project. Which technically those are different fields even though that have the same name because they are independent projects. Jira just looks at the name in this case during the move.
Hi @Deepanshu Natani and @Mohanraj Thangamuthu
They are team-managed.
@John Funk Is there a way to overcome this than? I'm new to Jira, so trying to quickly get myself up to speed with how it works.
I would suggest to not use Team-managed projects for things like this and only use Company-managed projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.