Hi Team,
I have a requirement to append a string with the existing value of a custom field when issue transitioning to a specific status.
Is there any way to acheive this using workflow post function.
Thanks,
Sadhana
Hi @sadhana.chittibabu ,
Yes, you can achieve this using a workflow post function in Jira. Workflow post functions are executed after a workflow transition is triggered. To append a string to the existing value of a custom field, you can use a custom script post function. The script might look something like this.
appendString
Hi Sadhana,
Have you thought about doing that with an Automation Rule?
Hi Sadhana
I believe the easiest way would be an Automation rule, as @John Funk suggest.
Aswin suggestion looks like code for the server version and would need a additional add on to execute, so I don't think it's applicable for your case.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.