Hi guys,
the "move issues" from one project to another seems complicated especially regarding fields mapping.
In this article (Moving an issue - Jira Software Server 8.3 - Atlassian Documentation), it is stated that " If you have defined required custom fields for your issue that do not exist in your target project, you must set values for them".
What values?? the fields might not even exist in the new project's issue types.
Also, when I checked the retain values from my estimation points and I migrated the issues, Poof! Gone. No estimation point was kept as it was in the source project.
and what does it mean here by saying " Other incompatible fields will also appear empty, even if users choose to retain their values. "
why would I have the option to retain them then?
Long story short, can anyone just tell me what is kept and what is left in issue fields from the source project? because I couldn't really find any good document on this matter.
Thank you so much