I am looking to create the following When an issue is status1 has a created date = 15 transition to status2
Hello @Kelsey Knaus
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
I don't understand your requirement.
What does "created date = 15" mean? "15" is not a date. Do you mean you want issues where the issue was created exactly 15 days ago?
Are you trying to get a list of issue to review, or a list of issues to automatically transition to status2?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Created date = 15? That's only a few milliseconds into the 1st January 1970! But that is me being picky.
You can use dates in JQL with <, >, and =, so things like
status = status1 and created > "15/1/2024"
or
status = status1 and created = "29/2/2024"
will work as you expect them to.
There are also functions where you can ask it things like "created > startOfWeek()" or even "created > startOfMonth(-2)" which, today, would give you issues created since1st November last year.
I think it may end up something similar to this WHEN an issue is created and IF Date same {{issue.created.isEquals(15).days}} THEN Transition to status 2I think my problem here will be it will only trigger to issues created and after theyre created they wont check if the created date = 15 Im trying to automate a system where when an issue is created, it tracks the days its created from, and when the created = 15 days ago then transition to status 2
I hope that helps
thank you! Honestly tad bit lost but I think I understand. LOL 1970 is totally what I am looking for not. I am trying to create an automation to have the issue transition when the created date = 15 days ago
Ok, Jira uses an epoch time system, where date/time is stored as "the number of milliseconds elapsed since the 1st January 1970 00:00:00
Your query would be
created > -15d
Although that is actually a 24 hour rolling time. If ran it now, it would only get issues created after (my) 22:08 on the 3rd. So I would use
created > startOfDay (-15d)
I would recommend you use a Scheduled trigger and run the rule daily.
In the Schedule trigger use this JQL:
project=X and created >= startofday(-15) and created =< endofday(-15) and status=status1
Each day that will get a list of the issues from project X that were created at some time on the date 15 days ago, and that are currently in status1.
Replace X with your project and status1 with the actual name of the status.
Also, make sure to uncheck the box that says "Only include issues that have changed"
Following the Schedule trigger add a Transition Issue action and in it select "status2".
That will transition all the issues found by the JQL to status2.
This assumes that there is a workflow transition between status1 and status2, and the Actor of the Automation rule has permissions in the project to make that transition happen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.