Hi,
my problem is that the linked issue does not inherit the content of Parent field.
Thanks in advance for the answers
Hi @Pejkó Sándor
are you speaking of a Parent/child relationship or actual Issue links?
There is a difference between linking issues (hierarchy independent) and linking Epics to tasks or tasks to Subtasks (Parent-Child relationship).
However, none of it copies content other than a link to either issues by default. You would need an Automation rule for it. If you can give a little more info on what you are trying to achieve, we can probably help you with that.
Hi @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ I am talking about Issue link. I have an Issue with proper data in the Parent field. Then I have created under that a linked (sub)issue and this (sub)issue does not inherit the content of Parent field.
Could you maybe just provide screenshots of where your Issue Link? I am struggling to understand which structure you currently have. Is it:
Parent-Issue is Parent of Issue ; Issue is parent of Sub-Issue (Sub-task) OR
Parent-Issue is Parent of Issue ; Issue is Linked to Sub-Issue (other Issue)
If you go into the "Sub-Issue" as you call it. Does your issue look something like this above the summary / name?
or is it a Link like this:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.