I've set up a new Issue Type of "Initiative". I wanted to set a hierarchy of Initiative > Epic > Story > Task. I've set up a screen that removed Epic Link and Parent Link, along with a screen schema for the initiative. All looks in order. However, when I go to create an issue of this type I receive an error message below that says Epic Link field must be set.
I'm new to Jira so only just learned how to set up this custom issue type today. Is there likely to be some sort of required filed set somewhere that Initiative is inheriting from? I believe that when a story is created it requires an epic, so this validation is valid for the story, but naturally I want Initiative to sit above Epic so shouldn't apply. Where do I look to see and change something like this?
