Hi team,
As of now, we are developing a service with the below simplified functionalities:
1. Allow users to create a ticket on a Jira Service Desk board via our internal GUI
2. Allow the approvers to approve the created ticket via our internal GUI as well
We use a headless account to interact with Jira in our backend. The issue was: when we hit the approval API (API link ), it returns a 403 error, which was expected due to that the headless account executed it, not the actual assigned approver.
I have read some threads about how to resolve it using ACT_AS_USER scope and Jira connect. But I am confused on how should I implement that. Given that our current implementation is using direct REST API between our backend server and the Jira API.
Need your help to suggest the most efficient way to resolve this issue. Please let me know if you need more information.
Thank you 