I keep getting this error message when I try and create a new ticket for a project in Jira.
I'm not sure what this is referring to since the component that I have added is listed as a component for the project.
The weird thing is that I'm still able to successfully create the issue so it's not blocking creation but having that error message at the top for any issue creation is disruptive.
Hi Jimmy,
Not sure what would cause this. Is the Component filled in by the user at the time the issue is created? Or is it added by a post function or automation rule or something else?
Is the issue you are creating on the "Integrations" project? Or a different project?
Are there any validators on the create transition in the workflow?
Hi John, that error message actually immediately appears even if there is no Component in the field or if there is even a valid Component in the Component field. The issue I am creating is in the "Integrations" project.
In terms of the flow to get this error message to appear, it only appears when I go through the "create issue" from the Backlog in the "Integrations" project. When I create a ticket without going through the Backlog section, this error message does not appear.
The other projects that I have don't have this same issue when going through the Backlog section which leads me to believe that it has something to do with that particular flow.
As mentioned below though, I'm still able to create the issue just fine even though this error message appears so it's not blocking me from creating any actual issues.
That's strange, but I suspect that it is a bug with the Enhanced Backlog and Board. If you turn that off and try it, I but it works. If it does, you should report the bug to Atlassian.
I'm having the same *exact* issue. Did you ever figure this one out?
Yes, I was able to figure it out. It looks like I had the exact same component names in another project and once I deleted those, I no longer got the error message.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.