So I am an old school on-prem DB user of Jira. A lot of my knowledge base is from 2011. I am in a new business, and I have been cramming tons of new knowledge about Jira Software, and all of the other systems.
While adjusting to the newer systems, I am having a bit of a struggle. We don't have an enterprise license, so from my understanding I have no way to use JQL outside of the advanced issue search. I want to actually query for data within systems. I have no real expertise in Rest API, so I am trying to learn. But I'm finding it a bit confusing.
Do I have any realistic options of being able to query data outside of the advanced issue search? Can I perform the same types of data lookups with the Rest API? Do you have any recommendations on where to start in a ELI5 on Rest API commands, and even staging how to run the commands?
This would help greatly as I build more automations for my business' projects. Thanks for any information provided!