Hi all. I work in a Help Desk and I'd like to retrieve the serial number of a user's laptop whenever they raise a ticket. I have a 'Serial Number' attribute stored in an 'ASSET' object scheme. Against each serial number is an 'Assigned User' (single user picker). Is it possible to use an automation to use a {{reporter}} smart field to go retrieve their serial number from our asset register by using the reporter as a key.
Hi @Tania Zheng ,
Welcome to the community!
To answer your question, yes you can do this. Let me demonstrate it for you.
You have this object in your Asset objectschema
A laptop called 'Laptop 1' with serial 123456, belonging to Rudy.
Now for the automation:
Use a lookup objects action, point to the correct object schema and search for
objecttype = laptop and user = {{reporter}}
Then branch on {{lookupObjects}} with object as variable.After that you can simply use {{object.serial}} .Note that you can use {{object.attributename}} to retrieve you attributes.
Good to know. If you have a referenced object as attribute, you can also use {{object.referenced_object.attributename}}
Good luck!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.