I created a page in one space and would like to display its content in another space using the "Include Page" macro. The target page does not render. Both pages have been created in the legacy editor; the target page telling me it cannot be converted do to unsupported content. There is no content in the target page but the include page macro.
I created a new page in the new editing experience to check whether there is some issue with the include functionality. However, I cannot even find the macro there anymore.
The documentation does not suggest it has been removed.
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-include-page-macro/
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/learn-which-macros-are-being-removed/
Any ideas where it might have gone or why it wouldn't work?
Hello @Cordula Schubert-Berker ,
I have tried to use this macro on my site:
So yeah, it exists as a macro but doesn't work as expected.
BR,
Nikola
It works fine for me, I just tested. You have to start typing to search for a page to include.
You are searching for apps. It is not an app. It is a macro in the page editor. I just used it yesterday and it works fine.
I thought it worked based on the drop down...interesting.
@Cordula Schubert-Berker I'm not sure what the page is that you show in your screenshot.
In the new page you created, select the + menu on the editor toolbar and look for Include Page to insert the macro (as described in the page you linked to).
Once you insert the macro (as shown in the screenshot @Nikola Perisic posted), you select the page. Below, I've included the relevant parts of the description of the Page to include field from the page on the macro you linked to:
This is the name of the Confluence page or blog post that you want to include in the current page. Start typing a page title, and Confluence will suggest matching pages from the current space and other spaces.Alternatively you can specify the page as follows:If the page or blog post is located in another space, add the space key and a colon in front of the page name. For example, DOC:My page name. The space key is case sensitive.
This is the name of the Confluence page or blog post that you want to include in the current page. Start typing a page title, and Confluence will suggest matching pages from the current space and other spaces.
Alternatively you can specify the page as follows:
If the page or blog post is located in another space, add the space key and a colon in front of the page name. For example, DOC:My page name. The space key is case sensitive.
I see the content of the page in my new page even while in Edit mode, but you can try publishing to see if the content is displayed in View mode.
If you can view the content of the page you are including without issue, you should be able to see the included page on the new page without issue.
If you still get a message about unsupported content, I'm not sure what the issue might be—maybe a macros nested within macros issue?
Yeah there's definitely a slight bug or ux issue there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.