I have members of XYZ project that would like an extra level on their issue type hierarchy. When I go to the screen to perform this action for them, there is a warning that says "Changes to the hierarchy configuration will apply to all company-managed projects."
If I make an issue type called "Program" and XYZ project is the only one that has the "Program" issue type in their XYZ issue type scheme...what will the effect me on other company managed projects?
In the instructions, it also says "Changing your issue type hierarchy will break existing parent and child relationships between your issues. When you attempt to modify the existing structure of your issue type hierarchy, Jira will calculate the impact of these changes and require confirmation to proceed."
Will this happen even to those projects that are not using the "Program" issue type?
I had the idea to try this in our sandbox, but someone already created a level above epic so I can not tell what will happen. Thanks for any input