Hello community!
I have inherited a jira instance that has never had a dedicated admin and things were done and added on the fly, so I am trying my best to make our company managed software projects more user friendly, retroactively.
One gripe I hear about, especially from Customer and Technical Support, is there are so many fields on our issues, especially Bugs. We have about ~20 that are on the side panel that aren't "standard", like Assignee.
(I have already gone through the fields that aren't really used and disabled those, but what we have left, we actually need.)
I know using field tabs is probably the next best move, but I don't want to add more frustration by making confusing groupings. Anyone care to share how they set up field tabs?
Some of our fields, for context:
fix version, bug source, confirmed by, confirmed by date, tested success user/date, branch, environment found in, ad hoc deployed?...and so on.