I want to be able to prompt users who create user stories to fill out a field before they can submit the ticket. Can I do this using automation? Our site admin won't allow us to create new fields that are mandatory or set existing field as mandatory. So I would like to use automation to force the user to update a non mandatory field. Is this possible?
Hi, @Dennis Ferguson
Automation works only after some event happened, not before, so it can't help in this case.
But you can use validator in workflow. You can add it to transition and check, that required field is not empty.
Oh interesting, are you talking about going to Project Settings > Workflows, locate Story and then adding an Action?
You say you want this "before they submit the issue" - that implies to me, that you are looking at the issue create process.
There's a simple way to do this in company-managed projects - use the field configuration to say "field is mandatory".
In team-managed projects, go to project settings -> issue type where it should be mandatory -> fields, and hit the "required" button.
Yes, right. But as I remeber, you'll need jira admin rights (not project admin), to change such workflow settings.
Or you can make additional field scheme, apply it to project and change field settings, make it mandatory, but it requires admin rights too.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.