In my automation I want to remove a label when the "is duplicated by" link type is deleted from an issue. My trigger is When: Issue link is deleted. I thought I could do this by referencing {{destinationIssue.linkType}} but the automation returns this as nothing when I output this to the log. Is it impossible to get the link type of a deleted link?
Hi @Chloe Allison
Welcome to the community.
It might that the following rule, will achieve this.
I just made a mock-up as I didn't have time to test it.
Hi Marc,
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately this automation never gets triggered when a linked issue is deleted for some reason.
HI @Chloe Allison
I dug some more and found this information based on automation.
So ideally the Automation rule for this would simply be:
However in practice this doesn't work, since the 'Issue deleted' trigger arrives after the issue has been deleted and removed from JIRA's search indexes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.