Hello everyone, our environment has two projects, and occasionally we need to move an issue from one project to the other. I've created a manually triggered automation in one project that does the following:
- Adds a comment to the original issue indicating that it's been transferred
- Sends an email notification to the user indicating that it's been transferred away from the first project
- Creates a new issue in the other project, copying certain fields and including text in the new issue's description that it's been transferred in along with reference to the original issue
- Sets the Request Type for the new issue
- Sets the original issue resolution to "Transferred"
- Transitions the original issue to Done/Resolved
That all works great, but the problem I'm running into is that customers are not being notified of the newly created issue in the other project. From that project if I manually create an issue the notification happens as expected, but nothing when it's created via the automation.
From what I've read, JSM treats an issue created from another project as something different than an issue created from within the project so an automation based on issue creation won't ever trigger, even when the scope of the automation includes both projects.
I'd love some suggestions on how I can get an email out to the reporter informing them of the new issue key etc. from the second project. Thanks in advance