I get This error when looking up issues by JQL in an automation:
The action is very simple:
Status = Done
How could I solve this?Thank you!
Hello @Admin Jira SQS
Can you provide screen images that show us all the steps in the rule, the details of the step where the JQL is being used, and the complete details from the Audit Log for the rule execution?
Hello Trudy.Thank you for your interest. I attach the required screen images. Of course, you can ask me for any other image or information you could require.
What happens when you click Validate Query in the Lookup Issues step?
Who is listed as the Actor for the Rule on the Rule Details page?
What is the project scope for the rule? Is it one project or multiple projects?
For all the projects in scope of the rule, does the Rule Actor have permission to browse all those projects?
Hi @Admin Jira SQS
I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-959168
If you want to 'grant data access' you can do so in that link, this might help our support team to investigate a bit faster, but is not always required.
While I don't have access to your site, I couldn't see a clear cause for this error. My hunch is that your environment might have a team managed project that is restricted access, and/or a project that contains a custom field called "Status" as well. This could cause JQL to get confused about which field that service account (Automation for Jira) is able to query on.
You could try to run the automation as a different user, such as a site-admin as a means to troubleshoot this, but if that doesn't work, I'd recommend reaching out in that support case so that our team can take closer look at your environment.
Andy
Thank you, Andy.
I have reviewed the custom fields, and I don't see any "Status" field. I attach the corresponding screen image showing no fields among "Start date" and "Story point estimate" (where any field starting with "Status" should be) in the alphabetical custom fields list.
I've tried to configure the automation with an admin user (I attach the rule details screen image). But when I press on run rule, no execution is registered in the audit log (I attach also screen image).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.