Hello everyone,
I'm currently facing a challenge within Jira Service Management, and I hope you can help me find a solution. My goal is to have a text ready in the custom portal's description (When a ticket will be created). Example:
I tried to achieve this by placing a standard text in the existing description field, but as I couldn't modify this field, I created a new one.
The issue arises when I hide the description field in the request form and add the new field. This works fine in the customer portal but not in the backend. The description field, containing all the information from old tickets, appears at the bottom of the page, thus hidden from customers, while the customer field remains at the top.
What I aim to accomplish is the automatic transfer of information from the old description field to the new customer description field for existing tickets, continuing to use the new field by default. Does anyone have experience with this or any idea about the steps I should follow to make this possible? Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!