I would like to create a form for a JSM project/issue type that already contains the fields that are in the generic screen some users are used to (so far, only some users are using JSM). I would then add a few custom fields, and add form actions based on the values in those fields. For instance, if the user selects a certain value in Application, I'd display a checkbox the user could check, and/or a single selection field for which the user could select an option. An automation (or form action?) would then do a clone into a one of several Jira Software workflows (or not), depending on field values.
I haven't tried any of this yet; I thought I'd check first to see whether, if I create a custom form, it can be already populated with the fields from the existing generic screen. I will of course add fields from scratch if I need to; I'd just like to know what I'm heading into first, if possible.
Also, would JSM automation allow for the form actions I've described above (hide a field, show a field based on another field's value) without adding a custom form? I know I can clone an issue with a JSM automation, so I don't need a custom form for that.