I have a bunch of standard User accounts that I have been testing Atlassian cloud with successfully. We are now moving on to the next stage which is managing our user accounts vis OKTA for Atlassian cloud. Everything I've read up to this point says these managed accounts will only show up in the managed accounts section of the directory. This is seemingly not true.
For example, john.doe@acme.com shows in both the managed accounts and the standard users as well. Everything works fine with this setup, but (like the docs I reads stated it should only show up in the managed accounts section) so I suspended the account from the Users section. The account still exists in the managed account section, but it has no Atlassian products associated with it any longer and I am unable to add any to this managed account.
So my question is this... Do I need to have the email account in both the managed account section and the Users section in the directory for this to work properly? If not, where do I assign Products to an account that ONLY exists in the managed accounts section?
Thank you for your time.
Mike