Task: I am looking to notify specific projects about upcoming due items.
Since I am trying to be mindful of automation usage... I went to the global automations page and found the template "When a task is near due --- send email reminder". In this template, I can change the scope to multiple projects.
Questions on this:
- When I change the scope to multiple projects and pick the projects, does that only equal 1 automation run (based on the schedule) or does it charge me an automation run per selected project?
- What would be emailed to a user who is part of multiple projects? Would the user get a combined email with multiple projects' results or would it be multiple emails per project?
-----------------------------
Update: Testing and Validation
- Scope: single project = 1 use (makes sense)
- Scope: multiple projects = 1 use (validated)
- Email: Combined results based off of the template code:
The following issues are due:
{{#lookupIssues}}
<a href="{{url}}">{{key}} - {{summary}}</a>
{{/}}
-----------------------------------
For my group, this automation will work well and they won't have to manage filter subscriptions with users.
Thank you for the responses!
Jonathan