Hello,
I am trying to filter my epic issues based on the string value I saved as a global variable (column) but it's not working as I expected.
Let's say I have 3 filters in the structure:
- Current PI = fixVersion.contains (PI01)
- Current PI +1 = fixVersion.contains (PI02)
- Current PI +2 = fixVersion.contains (PI03)
My Formula is:
For Current PI = fixVersion.contains(CONCAT('PI'; currentPI))
currentPI is a variable based on Current PI (Formula) global column which is nothing but a string value (e.g. "01")
To visualize it, attaching the screenshot:

So, if I want to filter Current PI +1 my formula is fixVersion.contains(CONCAT('PI'; currentPI+1)), etc. for each incremented PI version filter. The goal was to create kind of dynamic filter, where the only change I need to do is to define my Current PI fixVersion number in a global variable and not to change the all filters every time.
This is all working fine until I do not change the global variable value. If I do, the reference to Current PI (Formula) global column is broken, and I see a literal string in the Filter By Attribute definition (which was the previous value assigned to that global column - 69 in this case).

What am I missing?
Is it possible to achieve the same result through some other solution?
NOTE: In my organisation we do not keep track of Release Versions (when they start, end etc), so I am not utilizing any predefined releaseVersion functions etc.
Thank you for the inputs!