Which portal are you requesting access for? This site is a community user site for Atlassian products.
Hi,
I'm unable to create tickets via email after giving portal access.
Sorry this is still not helping me give you any help. Can you confirm the following assumptions. You are using JIRA Service Desk Cloud. You have setup a customer portal. You want to allow customers to email their request to JSD rather than use the portal.
Hi Phil,
User management --> Restricted Portal access
Ah now I think I have a little more clarity. So you want the users of your Service Desk Portal to be able to raise requests by email.
To do this you need to make sure you have set up the JSD mail handler correctly (this is different from the JIRA mail handler you might have been using before).
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver030/receiving-requests-by-email-761768815.html for how to do this in the current version 3.
Phil,
Thank you for your inputs. I have created the email handlers and everything is working perfect.
However the users who had Restricted Portal access were unable to create tickets via email.
Is there some settings that I need to give them or shall appreciate if you can explain me more about Restricted Poral access.
Thanks
Have you worked through the resolving issues page at https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/troubleshooting-issues-with-the-email-channel-732528950.html in particular "Customers send emails to create requests, but no requests are created and customers do not receive any notifications."
And just to double check you have confirmed these are JSD Mail handlers NOT JIRA Mail Handlers you have checked.
Only the users with Restricted Portal Access were unable to create the tickets via email.
Can you check what permissions you have given to your JIRA Service Desk customers. (Reference https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html) You need to make sure they have a permission to create not just the anonymous user.
I really appreciate your time and patience.
I have enabled the following user to Service Customer Desk role. Still not able to create the ticket in JIRA.
What permissions are set for a Service Desk Customer?
Given access to the following user Service Desk Customers project role
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.