Field from Jira with / symbol (ex. Property Changes Pre-RC / RC) can no longer be read by Confluence. If you reload old confluence pages using the same field it will no longer work.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Can you tell us what the exact symbol is? I'm not seeing any problems with a simple / symbol, nor any of the advanced ones (enhanced emojis or extended character sets for example)
What is appearing instead of / ? I think a screenshot might be helpful to us.
Hi Nic! Please see screenshot.
It seems like there might be an issue with how special characters or HTML entities are being rendered in Atlassian Confluence. The string "/" is an HTML entity for the forward slash ("/").
I'm not seeing a problem with solidus myself, which suggests that you have a browser problem, rather than a service issue.
The string "/" is not the HTML entity for the forward slash ("/"). It's the hex code for it, which is a not quite the same thing as HTML standards.
UNICODE U+0002FHEX CODE /HTML CODE /HTML ENTITY /CSS CODE \002F
U+0002F
/
/
/
\002F
Hi Nic! I tried multiple browsers already but the same issue exists. This used to work but suddenly became an issue. In Jira, the field is correct and has an entry however when loaded in Confluence - if the field used has / it will not display. But if the field does not have that symbol it will work.
here's another testing I did to confirm that the issue is with the symbol. I created 2 new fields. One w/o symbol and one with as can be seen for the column with / value is not appearing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.