Is there a way for Jira to send a google chat nonfiction to a google space through the automation function within Jira?
I was able to accomplish this through the use of a "send web request" automation component.
I used a webhook generated in the google space setting and placing this in the Web request URL. For the HTTP Method is used POST. For the Web request body I selected Custom Data and used a json in googles format to send the message.
Hi Jordan,
We used to use google chat and some still do however many issues with integrations were found. It maybe possible but a custom app at your company would need to be made. It's not something where an app already exists on either side out of the box or even to purchase.
Best,Clark
@Jordon Martig how to get issue key and summary in the chat?
I was not able to accomplish this via the webhook. The screenshot above simply sends a message within google chat notifying the assignee that an issue has been added.
There is MyJiraBot app in Google Workspace Marketplace: https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/myjirabot/356241633230
It allows:
Maybe it will cover some of your needs
you your ok
Any soluton for sending private messages?
@shankara vijayendran You should be able to use smart values to get the issue key and summary. I was able to use them to get the page title in an Automation rule with Confluence that I detailed here https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-articles/How-to-use-Confluence-Automation-to-create-a-page-amp-send-a/ba-p/3015372
just for visibility in case you prefer a less low-level solution that does not involve configuring web requests, we recently published an automation actions set that is configurable through the automation UI and can
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1252695580/google-chat-automation-actions-for-jira
Example:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.