Hi Community !!
I am still suffering with the Jira Export/Import problems. But I promise, once I am done with it, I will create a comprehensive article which covers lot of use-cases ))
Let me describe the problems I am facing now:
Situation:
I am exporting tickets from TEAM-MANAGED project and need to import them into the COMPANY-MANAGED one
Problems:
1) Text formatting is not kept when importing tickets. For example there are bullet points, new lines etc in the exported ticket description, but when I import the ticket I see a plain text - no formatting is kept at all !!
2) Attachments are not loaded properly - This one is much more interesting. When I import a ticket with attachment from TEAM-MANAGED project, the attachment is visible but it says "The preview is not available" in the imported ticket in COMPANY-MANAGED project.
I did some research for point 2) and I managed to import by making the "Browse Project" permission PUBLIC. BUT, an interesting thing here is that this works ONLY when you export from COMPANY-MANAGED and import to COMPANY-MANAGED. And it does not work for my use-case above (from TEAM-MANAGED to COMPANY-MANAGED)
Can you please help me to solve this problem? It seems like this is the only problem left so far ))