I would like to automate a calculation through automation rule.
Here, I have a task having custom field = X (numeric)
X= (A+B)/C, where
A&C= custom field of Task
B= sum of custom fields of child of Task
Here, A&C are numeric values and B is calculated value created through app.
Now, B is not a field (only used for calculation purpose)
Option1 - Solution I have tried (didn't work):
- Created B as a field in Task
- Automated (A+B) and stored as variable x - {{customfield_12345.Plus(customfield_23456)}}
- then x is divided by C and stored as variable y - {{x.divide(customfield_34567)}}
- display y in field X {{y}}

The rule run successfully. But no output as such.
Option 2 - The solution worked:
- Created B as a field in Task
- Created field D to get A+B (automation)
- X=D/C (automation)
Is there a way if I can go with option 1 without creating field B?