Jira due date only allows up to aprx 20 years from current date. for example, if you put 2044 (21 years) it will be reverted back to 1944 when you close and reopen the issue. I want to see whether there's any way to solve this.
Hi @joseph.roy ,
I am able to successfully set the date.
Hello @joseph.roy
I've duplicated that bug:
It seems others have reported it too. Refer to JSWCLOUD-25791 and JRACLOUD-82550.
Personally, I have no need to set Issue Due Dates so far into the future, but if you do, then add your vote for the bug to be resolved.
Cheers
Hello @Jack Brickey
Try changing the date, close the Issue view window, maybe navigate away, then re-open the Issue view and see if it's still the same date.
Hi @[deleted], here are my results:
summary:
I can successfully set the duedate to a date well into the future. JQL seems to have some limitations which I plan to investigate with colleagues.
note: I was testing, purely with company managed projects in Jira software.
With all that said, it would be interesting for you to open a ticket with Atlassian support and have them login to your site and investigate. If you do, so, please report back here. by the way, is the behavior you're experiencing systematic and that you have tested this with other projects and other issues?
@[deleted], I wonder if the limit is on custom dat field and not the "Due date" field? I'm certainly puzzled by my results given the JAC issues you shared.
Another thought...
how are you setting the date? For my tests I click into date field and type "1/1/2045" rather than trying to use the calendar.
Howdy @Jack Brickey
I have tested:
and get the same results. I haven't tested with a team managed project.
I know that Atlassian do run very slightly different 'flavours' of the cloud platform in different regions and asometimes one region can get a feature / bug that other doesn't, so this might be a regional problem. I'm going add my vote and comments to the open bugs.
Hi Everyone,
I am a new user and pleased to see the amount of response from the community.
In summary does it appear to a genuine bug and how would I go about reporting it to the Jira Software development team?
It already has been reported. Refer to the bug JRACLOUD-82550. Just add your comments / votes to that logged bug
As for increasing the range of the date field, refer to the existing Feature Suggestion JSWCLOUD-25791. Vote for it if you agree.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.