Hello, I'm fairly new to Jira and I'm looking for recommendations on the best ways to allow for bulk editing in a spreadsheet view that allows for quickly editing/updating issues. Ideally, I'd like to be able to edit at the epic, task, and subtask levels. The starting goal is to be able to edit templates in a spreadsheet view or format that will then automatically (or manually triggered) update templates (epics, tasks, subtasks) used in Jira. Key to this is being able to do a 1:1 edit or change - i.e., when a row is updated in the spreadsheet view, a corresponding issue is also updated in Jira. Columns would correspond to fields for the issues. Also, being able to do this quickly and efficiently is a requirement.
It would be great to do the spreadsheet work in Google Sheets, but I'm also open to other solutions, e.g., integrated add-ons in Jira would work as long as they are user friendly and can do what is needed.
I'm currently assessing if Zapier or other similar apps would work for this and am looking into available Jira add-ons as well (e.g., "Excel-like Bulk Issue Editor for Jira - Spreadsheet & Table"). Any suggestions or experience from the community would be much appreciated - am I on the right track with the above-mentioned solutions?
Thank you.