Hello,
I am faced with a very interesting problem and wanted to turn to those who likely have worked with Atlassian products for longer than me.
So basically, the long and the short is:
The company that I work for just advised me that, "at some point in the past, they had used Jira Cloud (JSM), and decided that they no longer wanted to use the environment."
So, they put all of the administration, user, and project configuration into their environment and then left it behind to use another application (I was not at the company during this time so I cannot provide any additional information).
Some time had passed, and they decided to go back to Jira. Keeping in mind that my interaction with this application at this company is basically blind (it's a bad, bad company; there are no questions about it). Naturally, the lead person building the new Jira Cloud environment created it and has been single-handedly managing it. The person won't communicate and I am totally blind as to what they are doing. I'm less concerned about being blind because honestly atlassian products are easy enough to figure out.
HOWEVER, the inability to plan ahead or stick with any process or application has created a serious problem -- the original data from the first environment is now in the new environment and the (obvious) request is to clear out the data.
I have not seen a way to easily achieve this objection without nuking the environment and starting from scratch. My only thought is the painful thought of manual deletions and restoring the backup with a blank one. I saw atlassian documentation to reset or delete the environment, however, wouldn't you know, the company that I work for already has two other vendors working in the environment to build it out as instructed.
I know that this is a very odd and difficult request, but I am hoping that someone has been shoved into a very uncomfortable position like mine and has developed a better method to complete this wipe without losing new data.