We recently moved to Confluence Cloud from the Server product, and had previously used the `/rest/quicknav/1/search?query=` API endpoint with great success. I recently discovered that this API is deprecated, and would like to move to a supported endpoint. However, the APIs I keep seeing, `/rest/api/search` and `/rest/api/content/search` seem to provide extremely inferior results as compared to the quicknav version.
For example, with the quicknav API, `query=upgrade+account` seems to returns results where 'Upgrade Account' (or either of the two words separately) appears in the title ranked higher than where it's in the body (ideal!). However, the CQL version "(text~"upgrade account") returns results in an order I can't quite figure out - far inferior to the quicknav API.
Now maybe I'm not doing the CQL properly, or maybe I'm misunderstanding the new API's (any guidance is appreciated!), but I want an API that closely resembles the results returned by Confluences own web search results for a given search term. I found `/explain.action?queryString=upgrade+account`, for example, which does seem a step in the right direction, but does not provide URL's or machine readable formats as far as I can tell.
Any assistance finding a usable search API for confluence cloud (preferably one that is supported) which returns results in the order that confluences own website returns would be very appreciated!