Hi,
When an issue is created, I want to display issues with the same account as the trigger issue.I'm attaching the documentation on smart values and my automation.
But the "Validate query" light is not activated.Any ideas?
Best regards,Estelle
Hi @Estelle Decanis
The "Validate query" feature is only enabled if the JQL can be determined in the rule builder. Your JQL is based on a smart value, and so cannot be validated until runtime.
I suggest trying the JQL stand-alone (in View All Issues) with a known value for the field, confirm it works, and proceed from there.
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks for your answer. I'll try
Kind regards,Estelle
@Bill SheboyIf I replace the condition with a value : it works
But if I replace by the smart value
it fails :
The same result with :Account = {{issue.TempoAccountField.name}}orAccount = {{issue.TempoAccountField}}
Progress! That tells us the smart value is empty, or not available at the time the JQL is used.
Please try writing this to the audit log, just before your statement using the JQL:
This should not be empty: {{issue.TempoAccountField.value}}
Then test your rule and post an image of the audit log.
Once possible cause of this: there is a known symptom with the Issue Created trigger that it can fire so quickly the issue data is not yet available for the rule to use. (i.e., a race-track error) The result is the rule steps do not work as expected / in a predictable manner.
The work-around for this is to always add the Re-fetch Issue Action immediately after the Issue Created trigger. This will reload the data before the rule proceeds. Please try that after the above test.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.