I'm setting up a software project for my team. Our function is to support clients and sales, so our work is very focused on Opportunity IDs (that originate in Salesforce). Even after a sale is completed, my team supports the client under the same opportunity ID. I'd like to be able to group our work under the opportunity IDs, but don't know the best way to do it in our software projects. Some important pieces of information:
- We work on many opportunities at once - and an opportunity that we worked on months ago can always come back, if a client has more questions. Just based on our internal tracking from the last month, we've worked on 165+ opportunities.
- Our opportunities don't close - even after the sale happens, we still work to support the client for opportunity-specific questions.
Because of the volume and the nature of it being open-ended, Epics don't seem to be the best fit. Components also may not be useful since we has so many. I want to be able to group all our tasks related to a single opportunity, and view them all at once if needed. Another option is to add a custom level in our hierachy, as the "opportunity-level", but I'm wary of doing custom things that won't lend itself to reporting features.
Any other ideas? Thanks!