I'm using my company SSO to get into JIRA. A customer that invite me via my business mail to join their jira is focing 2FA. I'm a huge fan off 2FA via Hardware Token (YubiKey) or TOTP. By default I get the 2FA over mail, slow mail, sometimes really slow mail.
Now when I try to configure 2FA, this isn't possible, because I need to verify my identity via a password. What password???
The account infrastructure behinde Atlassian is in my eyes inconsistent. The same problem with MS Teams, but this is a whole other story.
So how on earth I can set my own 2FA configuration to get ride of the email verification codes. If I have multiple tabs open, it will spam my inbox if I try to refresh some old tickets that I've opend a day before and the reauthentication kicks in. Also the reauthentication starts redirecting me to the 2FA verification code page. So If I need to reauthenticate, click on different tickets in the tab, every ticket redirect me to the 2FA and stay there until I typed in every send code.