Hi Admins,
I need your help on a very specific and, in my opinion, not realistic problem that I am facing.
The situation is the following:
I have 2 Jira projects:
1) X - this is a team managed project with lot of tickets, around 5k. This project is actively used by the team within the last 5 years.
2) Y - this is a new company managed project that we should migrate from X
So, the general task is to bring all the tickets from X to Y keeping all the relations, custom fields etc.
Basically I solved the general task, using DeepClone app, thanks to the team for such a great tool.
But, what is challenging here for me, that I was asked also to KEEP THE ISSUE KEYS THE SAME in the new project ;(. Meaning, that if there is a ticket in X-123, then if a clone this ticket to Y, then it should have Y-123 id in the new project.
Any ideas how can I keep the IDs the same, because afaik Jira does not allow to do so.
Thanks,
Arthur