Hello Atlassian Community,
I am currently working on configuring Jira Service Management (JSM) request types and I have run into a specific requirement that I need some guidance on. I would like to set a default value for an Asset field within my request types. The reason behind this is that I want to leverage this default value to refine the filtering of options available in another Asset field on the same request form.
To elaborate, I am aiming to streamline the user experience by pre-populating one Asset field so that when the user gets to the next Asset field, they are only presented with options that are relevant to their selection for a given request type. This should be done before the user submits the request, ensuring that they don't have to sift through unnecessary or invalid options.
Is there a built-in feature in JSM that allows for setting default values for Asset fields, or is there any plugin that provides this functionality? If not, has anyone devised a workaround that could achieve a similar result?
Any insights or suggestions on how to set this up would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!