Hi i am having a similar issue. I am on a free plan and only have 4 users apart of my project. We were initially on standard but then downgraded. 2 of the users that were initially apart of the board no longer have access.
I sent an invite to the users and they are able to receive and accept the invite but once they accept the invite they receive an error stating they do not have access to the board. I tried suspending their access but still unable to give them access again.
Not sure how to get them access to the board.
URL:
https://agilebootcampcapco.atlassian.net/
Screenshot:
Is the user able to access Jira, but not that specific project/board?
If the user can't access Jira at all:
If you have access to https://admin.atlassian.com, can you navigate to Directory, click on Users, and see these users in the list?
Can you open the details for one of these users?
Do you see a "Product Access" table for the user? Does it list the Jira product? Has the user been assigned a role in the Jira product?
Do you see a "Group Memberships" list? Does it show the user being a member of a group that has access to the Jira product?
How did you "suspend" their access? Do you see an option on the page to "Restore access"?
If the user still has access to Jira but does not have access to the board, you may need to change the permissions defined for the Project and change the Shares associated with the filter for the board (if it is a board for a Company Managed project).
The users are able to access Jira but not that specific board
The user's were once visible from the directory page but I suspended access from the directory page.
I was able to to add one of the members to the "org-admin" group but they still did not have access, which they led me to suspending access from the directory page to see if i could add them back in.
When i try to invite the user back into the board, I am unable to
The users name have never been visible on the project settings > access page but were visible from the directory page
Our UIs may be different because Atlassian has been rolling out changes to user management, so it is hard for me to guide you directly without seeing the screens that you see.
When I go to Directory and select Users I see a screen like this in my Free subscription.
Do you see the user in the list? If so, what do you see in the Status column for the user?
I previously suspended a user account and I don't see that user in the list. When I try to invite them again, I get the same message you posted.
I used the Export Users option to get a complete list of users associated with the Organization. That list included the suspended user. The output also includes the User id for each user.
In the Users screen, I then clicked on one of the user that was displayed to show their details.
Then I modified the URL of the page, replacing that user's User ID that is at the end of the URL with the User ID for the suspended user from the exported data.
https://admin.atlassian.com/o/<some data here>/users/<USER ID IS HERE>
In your URL replace the data after the last / character with the User ID for the suspended user from the exported data. That will allow you to display that suspended user's account information.
You should then see the option to Restore Access.
After restoring access, check the sections lower in the page to ensure the user is assigned a Role in the Jira product and assigned to a Group that has access to the Jira product.
Okay I was able to restore access and get the users back onto the directory>users page
I underlined the individuals that are in question. No user on our board, including myself, shows a status of active. Our status reflects "Invited" but we do have access.
Moving onto the Project setting > Access page, the 2 users that I want to give access to the board are not populated on the Access page. At this point when i select "add people" we run into the same error from earlier with them not being able to gain access
@Trudy P Claspill
The User in question
My User
Doesn't seem like either of us are assigned product access to the Jira Software
Hi @justin_williams
I took a closer look here and I understand that these users have been invited to the site, but are unable to see this specific board. While permissions can be changed on a standard/premium/enterprise level licenses, for the Free plan in Jira Cloud, those permissions and project roles cannot be adjusted at all.
The aspect that I think has you stuck here is that if the site was in a standard or higher plan, and project roles and/or permissions were customized at that time, downgrading the plan to free will freeze those permissions/roles as they are and you cannot change them.
To resolve this, I would recommend reaching out to your site-admin so that they can start an evaluation of either standard or premium plans for Jira Software. Once that happens, you should then have the ability to change the permissions here for both that project and that board. You can then also remove any users that you don't want to have access to the project.
Typically these evaluations last 30 days, after which point you will either need to supply payment info or change back to the free plan
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.