Hello all,
I've looked through multiple articles and unfortunatly couldn't find one that matched my scenario or could point me in the right direction. This is the scenario.
I have an automation that automatically creates child issues for the Epic that was recently created and adds the Epic as a parent. When you open up the Epic, you'll see all of the child issues, which is good. But what I want to achieve is that the child issues that are created are linked to each other. For example:
Master Ticket 1 has been created. Child issues are
- Task A
- Task B
- Task C
- Task D
- Task E
- Task F
Task B should be linked to Task A. Task C should be linked to Task B. Task D should be linked to C etc etc.
I tried to achieve this by making making an automation based on the "Issue Created" trigger and with the condition that if an Epic has been created, it will automatically create these child issues. Between each child issue, I added a "Re-fetch Issue data" action and then a "Link issue" action, hoping I could link the issue with the most recently created one. I also tried linking it based on the summary, but both options failed. I used the blocked by and related to links, to no avail.
Is there a way that I can achieve this using automation? The goal actually is that these tasks need to be taken cared of by different departments and need to be closed in a specific order. So when Task A is done, only then can Task B proceed.