I want a rule to be triggered when an issue is created or issue is updated
Hi @Roopa V
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
under the triggers, search for Multiple issue events, that should answer your question.
Yes, with the Multiple issue events trigger.
Best,
Murat Seven
Hi @Roopa V -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Adding to the answers from others, you could use the Multiple Issue Events trigger.
However, the specifics of whether this would / would not work for your scenario depend upon what you are trying to do. (e.g., I recall there are some edge cases where an issue create (or update) leads to an an update, which would then trigger the rule multiple times.)
I recommend trying to create your rule and thoroughly testing to ensure it does what you expect. If you run into challenges and want assistance, please post images of your complete rule, the audit log details, and explain what is not working as you expect.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi All,Thank you for your response. Multiple Issue Events trigger helps me in this case. But in the next step, I want to send a message(different message for issue creation and issue update) to teams channel for each case. I need help to achieve this.. Tried adding condition, but didn't find any field to check in the first step whether the issue is created or updated...
Hi @Roopa V ,
You're looking for a condition that specifies which the Multiple Issue Events trigger is activated. Although this might not be the best approach, you can use a smart value for this purpose.
{{changelog.Create Tasks}}
An automation example containing if-else statements based on the smart value will also assist you.
Murat
Hi Murat,
Thank you for your suggestion. It didn't work for issue update. Even for just an update for a given issue, it's sending mail as issue created. Plz suggest your inputs what change is required here.
Could you send a screenshot of your automation rule? I just tested it again, and it seems to be working fine. If there's an issue with sending incorrect emails, you might need to add an additional condition for that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.