I would like to be notified by email when a new issue has been created in a project.
Can you just set up an automation? The trigger is "when issue created", then set the Issue Fields Condition equal to the Project, and then set up an email action.
Hello @[deleted]
Glad to know that your issue is resolved. However, as automations are limited and there is more straightforward way to send the notifications by adding group/role/user in the notification scheme of the project.
Project --> Project Settings --> Notification (issue create event)
Kindly accept this answer if it helps!
Thanks
Is the project a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? You can find that information in the Type column on the View all projects page under the Projects menu.
Are you an administrator for that project? Are you an Administrator for Jira overall?
Are you designated as the Project Lead for the project? That is an actual field in the Project Details. Are you assigned to a Project Role in that project? If so, which one?
There is a Notification configuration associated with each project. Who can edit that Notification configuration depends on what type of project it is (see first question).
Depending on your "relationship" to the project (Project Lead, assigned to a Role) it might be possible to change the Notification configuration to notify you immediately when a new issue is created.
If that is not a viable option, then you could set up a Saved Filter that retrieves the newly created issues and set up a Subscription to that filter to receive the list periodically via email.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-issues-in-jira/
Another option is to set up an Automation Rule to send you an email each time a new issue is created. The ability to create Automation Rules is generally limited to Project Administrators and Jira Administrators. If you are not one of those, then you would need help to get that done.
Hi Trudy, thanks, it's a Company Managed project, I am not an administrator of any kind, and I have not been given a designation. I'm going to try creating a filter. I didn't know you could have filter results emailed to you.
If you have additional question about creating and subscribing to a filter, let us know.
If my response ends up being sufficient for you to craft a solution, then please consider clicking the Accept Answer button.
Thanks Kelly, I requested and was given admin rights and then created an automation so that I would be emailed when a new issue was created. If others who read this cannot obtain admin access, they can ask their admin to create the automation for them.
I appreciate the help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.