I know how to delete shared but how do you delete a private one?
Only an owner can delete a private filter. You can do it from the database too but you will have to raise a support ticket with Atlassian for the cloud instance.
I am the owner of the private ones but I do not know how to delete them as I don't see a clear 'delete' option when viewing all filters.
If you are the owner, click on the "Issues" drop down and select "View all filters". You can then click on the "..." on the right side to reveal all the operations available on the filter, including 'Delete'.
You can delete custom filters, but you cannot delete default system filters.
Once u go to filters and then favourite filters on left of each mouseover filter will get drop down button, where can be select delete, then again the page will ask for confirmation then click again delete, filter will be deleted.
Hope it will help....!!!
Select Issues and Filters
Select View all filters
Choose yourself from the Owner dropdown
From the filtered list of your filters click on the ... of the filter you want to delete and click delete
Actually, you can do this if you are an admin of the system. You can go into Jira->Jira settings->System->Shared filters and then delete it (or take over ownership).
I am an org Admin when I view all filters and find the one i need to delete i hit ... i can only see manage subscriptions and copy filters
any workaround?
thanks this was exactly what I was looking for.
See the answer above, which works if you're Admin: Jira->Jira settings->System->Shared filters and then delete it (or take over ownership).
This IS the answer. Needs more votes to be at the top....
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.