Hi,
I have to achieve the following goal in JIRA cloud-
- When user inputs plain text in a field, Jira should read the entered text, create a PDF file containing that text and add it as an attachment to the same issue.
Here is what I tried-
- I created a transition called "Add Report" and put a screen in it and added a field "Add Report" to that screen, in this field users are supposed to input plain text (The idea is that the user will need to click on that transition to enter the text. When they enter it and submit, a post-function will be used to achieve the goal)
- I created a ScriptRunner post function in which I tried to make Jira read the value from the field "Add Report", and create a pdf file with that content and then use a REST API call to post the attachment to the issue.
But the scripts didn't work at all specially because in Jira cloud we don't have a location to store the file from where it can be fetched.
I'm new to Jira Cloud and using REST API, hence, there may be some method that I don't know about which can fulfill the requirement.
Hence, requesting for help.
I have the following plugins-
1) Scriptrunner
2) Automation for JIRA (Paid version)
3) BetterPDF Exporter
Thank You!