Hi, I would like to add a fix sprint id to my create issue rule (like: sprint.id = 529)
Is it possible somehow with smart id?
Hi @Andras M
For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected. Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas. Thanks!
Until we see those...
Have you tried what you are showing and it did not work? What did you observe: an error, or something else?
If the sprint is always the same, why not select it from the drop-down list in the field for the action?
If neither of those work, you could try using advanced edit with JSON to set the field by the sprint id value.
Kind regards,Bill
Is the Sprint a static component of the rule (i.e the rule would always assign Sprint ID 529 for all issues created)?
Or could the assigned Sprint be dynamic based on some other conditions?
Ste
Hi, only a static sprint.id now, but also interested in the solution for dynamic based on some other conditions
Hi, I think the question says its all. But you are right, it was just theoretical.
The creation of the issue is supposed to open it in another project, so I cannot see the sprint (of another project) in the dropdown, I supposed. That's why it would be necessary to find it by its id.
The {{sprint}} smart value is only available with the sprint-related triggers. This is one reason I was asking about seeing your complete rule.
If the trigger is instead Issue Created, the smart value {{sprint}} is not available. Instead it is {{issue.sprint}} ...again depending upon the context within a specific rule.
If your rule is something like below, I'd recommend trying setting the value with JSON:
Thank you Bill, do you have an example for the JSON?
What should I set there to:
- create an issue on trigger
- action: create issue in another project
-- set the sprint field to a specific sprint of the other project (example: id=123
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.