I know you've answered this before but I have done it all.
I've set the right permissions in the project settings. To public as a matter of fact because nothing else worked for my app. Both for:
I also had to manually find my userId so I could use it as a valid reporter id.
I have literally copied your example's code, and included the bare minimum JSON to create a Jira issue, all from your documentation:
const bodyData = {
"fields": {
"description": {
"content": [
{
"content": [
{
"text": "Order entry fails when selecting supplier.",
"type": "text"
}
],
"type": "paragraph"
}
],
"type": "doc",
"version": 1
},
"issuetype": {
"name": "Bug"
},
"project": {
"key": "FEED"
},
"reporter": {
"id": "712020:6900724a-9c98-430b-b911-f414478232f0"
},
"summary": "Main order flow broken"
},
"update": {}
};
console.log('`${email}:${token}`', `${email}:${token}`);
method: 'POST',
headers: {
'Authorization': `Basic ${Buffer.from(`${email}:${token}`).toString('base64')}`,
'Accept': 'application/json',
'Content-Type': 'application/json'
},
body: JSON.stringify(bodyData),
});```
Even after passing every other error that complained about missing data (such as invalid reporter id, or invalid issueType, or invalid project, it just gives me a generic, unhelpful error.
I still don't know why my REST create issue query is failing. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong. I've spent hours on this issue already. I wish the error code was actually helpful.